Google My Business got an update last week, and now it’s easier than ever for service providers to show precise service area information. Google My Business listings are one of the best ways for businesses to show up in the new local stacks, and the new functionality is great news.
Now, you can easily show a radius for your service area, select cities and choose postal codes.
The change will also make it easier to show whether you’re open 24 hours a day and see what your business looks like on search results, with just one tap.
The interface changes showed up in the Google My Business App for Android, version 2.1. An update for Apple devices is expected, but hasn’t arrived yet.
Here’s Google’s changelog:
- Update your info in a reimagined editor inspired by Google Search and Maps. It’s simpler, quicker, and a whole lot prettier. (And now supports businesses open 24hrs).
- Serve customers at their locations? Now show where by city, postal code, or radius
- View your business on Search, Maps and Google+ with a single tap. Like magic, but better.
- Gain insights on who your Google+ posts are reaching
- See more detailed feedback about your business info
Stay Ahead of the Competition
Online Image® helps many of our customers manage their Google My Business settings, and many of our clients also view and manage their own profiles. With the functionality and simplicity of the new app, it’s a good bet that your competitors could enter their location data and outrank you. Unless you get to it first, that is.
You can check your listing in your custom Online Image® dashboard, through your Google + Profile or by visiting Google My Business.